August 15, 2008

roller coaster.....

that's what it feels like. We met with the ortho Dr. today and - well - I just don't know where to start????? He said he cannot imagine saying the things he said last year - WHAT?????? Basically we are sort of back at square one. He feels that maybe something could/should be done for the scoliosis. The 1st step is to get a Pulmonary consult and probably a sleep study to evaluate her lung function. The next step is to meet with a thoracic surgeon (we've also done this and he did not recommend surgery) the reason for this consult is to evaluate the possibility of repairing her concave chest. This would hopefully alleviate pressure from the lungs as well as the spine. These are things we were expecting to hear over a year ago. We're just clueless...............Please continue to pray for all of us as we move forward.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Sandy,
Please e-mail me. The e-mail address I have for you is coming back.

Keri

LucisMomma said...

Praying for you to have peace in all of this. It must be so difficult to wade through.

Anonymous said...

Chad N Sandy,
You all and the kids are in my prayers. I can't believe that they are throwing you back and forth. I so hope that they can do something to help Miss Sydney. I would love to see you guys sometime.

Love
Heather Hamm