September 8, 2011

Birds and skunks and armadillos......oh, my!

No snakes ........I know that some of you are very relieved. Do you honestly think I would let Syd put a snake on her halo? Okay - don't answer that.......Sydney is doing great today! She's actually working on a regular diet today! Not eating a lot but "real" food! She's at therapy right now. She has 2 sessions everyday with PT and OT. She also has recreational therapy and school time in the afternoon. We are looking forward to our family meeting tomorrow. It will be nice to have a target date in mind. You guys just keep praying that it's sooner rather than later:) Rehab is a BUSY place so don't worry if I haven't updated the blog. Like I said Rehab is a BUSY place. Just not a lot of time for phone calls and blogs. I know you understand:) But keep the comments coming - Syd enjoys them. Mail time is also becoming a big hit as well! Continue to praise God for ALL that He has done and will continue to do!


In Christ,
Sandy

5 comments:

Lisa Collins said...

I was just ready to leave a comment, that we need an update. So happy for no snakes!!! Sounds like Sydney has a full schedule, she will need a vacation when she is out of there! Stay busy little bee and the time will go by fast and you will be out of there before you know it! Tell Haley and Cole, Mr. Paul and Lisa said hello. Thank God you are on the right road to recovery!

JC said...

Sorry I wasn't the first comment but, some of us have to work.
Lisa wants the big award but I have already promised Sydney a special gift.
Amazing to hear you are filling better also amazing to see God at work through His Children and His Little Children

Love and Many Prayers
J.C.

PS: did Lisa rreally win?

Lisa Collins said...

Now JC, you know we are all on a winning team when we are cheering for Sydney!!! After all she is the real WINNER!

Ms. Irene said...

Sydney we are so proud to hear that you are eating regular food now. Keep eating as much as you can so you will get strong enough to come home. We look forward to that day and I know our brave little girl is also! So you got to see birds, skunks and armadillos. Which one did you like best? Well honey just keep that beautiful smile on that lovely face and have mommy to give you a big hug for me. Hope to see you soon!!!

Love and Prayers,
Ms. Irene

Pastor Mike said...

Sydney did I hear correctly you, or maybe someone in your room was handling Snakes? I’ll let your mom or dad explain the implications of that snake thing. Memaw said she was glad no snakes were there while she was visiting. She told me it would have been a short visit. Now on the serious side we at Grace Church are so very proud of your strength and courage. We believe God has granted you so much grace to heal and progress quickly. Memaw and I are glad we were able to see you on Monday, although we didn’t get to spend as much time with you as we would have liked, but you were very busy. From what I read the people at the hospital keep you hopping, well maybe not hopping but jumping, well maybe not jumping, you know what I mean. I know you hear this all the time but we are still praying for you and your family, the Doctors, Nurses and everyone helping to make you get well. We love you and look forward to see you again. Love Memaw-Poppy-and Maggie? Hum she does like you.