September 9, 2011

Working toward home......

Family meeting went well. They would like for Sydney to stay in house for rehab up to 4 weeks........on my! So we're working on some different rehab options to get Sydney home much sooner. And keep in mind 4 weeks is an estimate not an absolute, so we've marked that time frame off. We just need to take it day by day.Living where we do, we have numerous resources available to us(just another blessing). So we should be able to make a relatively smooth transition to home/rehab. Keep praying that Sydney continues to heal and recover well. She's really doing great with all of her therapies but some night time rest would help a lot. And that's just hard to come by in the hospital. We feel like we're on the same page as the rehab team - we all just want what's best for Sydney. And I think we'll get there (by God's grace of course). All in His timing.........

A big, big thank you to everyone for your love and prayers....

In Christ,
Sandy

3 comments:

JC said...

Sandy make a mark by my name #1 tonight. I would have been first before but I type very slow.
But most important Sydney will be coming home soon. Will the blog be availabe when she is home.
She is improving really fast maybe thinking of Disney World. Hey girl when the weather is cold would be the perfect time to go. I have heard its warm in Florida all winter, guess we'll have to see.
Lisa must be asleep today, do you think she ever works?
Sydney I am a great cook, can I cook you something and not cup cakes cause Ms Lisa thinks she is the best and we wouldn't want to make her fill bad........
Sydney you can call me anytime asking for your food and toys, remember PROFESSIONAL thats what I am.

Love and prayers

THAB PROFESSIONAL

Lisa Collins said...

I am in 2nd place this time! I thought I would let JC win once! Sydney I am sure you probably think we are silly, but we just want you to laugh!!! Sydney, I think if you keep working real hard and we keep sending those prayers up, this time might just fly by or maybe even shorten. You just keep on working real hard when those folks come to work with you and show them how it it done! I know you can do it!!! And yes, JC and Sydney, I do work but I have had this little girl on my mind a lot over the last week or so and I just keep her smiling face up on my extra computer screen. She is pretty special! I got a little enevelop back in the mail today that I tried to send you, so I will try to resend it again. Not sure why, but be looking for something else from me soon! Love you Sydney and prayer for you to keep on getting strong.

Anonymous said...

Sydney,
I want to tell you how proud I am of you for working so hard with all your therapist. Keep up the great work and I know that you will. I hear you are improving really fast. We love you and are looking forward for the day that you will be able to come home. J.C. and Lisa are good cooks I know but I want to fix your favorite food for you when you get to come home. I know that your mommy is an excellent cook also but this will let her have some time off from the kitchen. Do you think she will like that? ( Or we might just have to take everyone out for a celebration when you feel up to it). Does that sound alright too? We love all of you and can't wait until we can celebrate with you and rejoice for what God has done for you!

Love you so much,
Ms. Irene