September 2, 2011

One more day......

of  traction(that's the plan)! That means at least 2 more "turns". Tomorrow she will have her femur pins removed and her halo vest anchored. She'll have this done in the OR and will be sedated. Her turns are going okay considering that she has a very long incision not to mention a newly constructed spine. Please pray that the remaining turns go well and most importantly that alignment isn't altered. Syd is resting right now (face down) watching Enchanted. They are still in the process of adjusting and weaning some meds. She should be able to go to a regular room tomorrow after her halo vest. We have a room at the Ronald McDonald House! It's absolutely amazing. We are so blessed to be able to have the whole family together. It's good for all of us. A praise indeed. Chad met a family yesterday that was just moving in, they plan to be here for 6 months to a year. I don't know their names but keep them in prayer. Remember God IS in control.


"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 ESV

In Christ,
Sandy

3 comments:

Lisa Collins said...

Wonderful news, keep it coming! God is Good! We will keep Sydney in prayer for easy turning and a GREAT recovery. She is one brave little girl!!! So glad all the family is together. Give Sydney a hug for me!
With Love and Prayers,
Lisa

Marie said...

I stand in awe of the strength and fortitude God has given this precious child. I know that faith is what has carried all of you through. We continue to pray and wait for news of all that is happening. My love and prayers to all of you! Marie

Raquel said...

Hey Syd, I'm so glad surgery is over and now you can think about how you will be able to out run Mr. JC in no time! :) You know he is an old man and you will have to help him out. I'm glad to hear that you are getting to watch some good TV shows and movies. I got a question about Max and Ruby though. I use to watch that with Kurt and my darling you will have to explain to me where in the world is Max and Ruby's parents? Ruby is all the time taking care of Max who always gets into something. Ruby is about your age so why do they have her watching him when he is probably not much older than Noah? I would always ask Kurt to explain that to me but he never could so you be thinking on that one for me ok? :) You hang in there and you will be home before you know it. I'm glad that daddy and the rest of the family are going to get to stay close by you. Isn't that Ronald McDonald great? I think so! Keep smiling your sweet smile. You are in our prayers always! Love you. . .